My target areas are:
- Software development and engineering.
- Pattern recognition and bio-metrics based classification.
- Machine Learning (specially Multi-label classification, Hierarchical Classification, Semi-supervised Learning).
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.
- Knowledge Acquisition.
- Knowledge Based Systems.
Other interesting areas are:
- Semantic Web Mining.
- Mobile, Social Networking and Ubiquitous Computing.
- Professor at Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná.
- PhD in Computer Science and Computational Mathematics, University of São Paulo,Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, under the supervision of Professor Maria Carolina Monard.
- Title: Multi-label and hierarchical semi-supervised learning approaches.
- Visiting Research Assistant at Computing Laboratory, School of Computing, Kent University, Canterbury/UK. From January to November 2009, with the financial support of the Brazilian governamental agency Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior - CAPES
- C/C++ developer membr of Mobile Group at LSITEC, Technological Integrable Systems Laboratory, Brazil.
- MSc in Computer Science and Computational Mathematics, University of São Paulo,Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, under the supervision of Professor Maria Carolina Monard.
- Title: Interpreting clusters obtained by hierarchical clustering algorithms.
- BSc in Computer Science from the West State University of Paraná (UNIOESTE), under supervision of the MSc Renato Bobsin Machado.
- Title: Hierarchical Clustering Techniques applied to Knowledge Extraction from Databases: a case study of concrete biodeterioration.
Web site and all contents © Copyright Jean Metz 2012, All rights reserved.